Who we are and what we do
KC English Bulldog Rescue is a 501(c)3 organization founded in 2014 that rescues, rehabilitates, and re-homes English Bulldogs who have been surrendered by their owners, are in animal shelters or have otherwise found themselves homeless and in need. Our goal is to find permanent loving homes for these bulldogs as well as educate the public about this wonderful breed. We have volunteers across the Kansas City Metro area who love the Bulldog breed and are dedicated to its continued well-being.
Please note that the BCA Rescue Network rescues only the purebred Bulldogs sometimes referred to as “English” or “British” Bulldogs. The AKC breed name is just “Bulldog”. There are other web sites and phone listings for organizations that rescue other bull-breeds. Click here for pointers on identifying different bull-breeds.
The mission of Kansas City English Bulldog Rescue is to rehabilitate and find loving families for homeless bulldogs. Our goal is to provide the care and time needed to prepare unwanted bulldogs for placement. We pledge to do our best to make sure they have a good life.
- To accept Bulldogs whose owners can no longer keep them.
- To retrieve Bulldogs from shelters or any other source so they may live to see another day.
- To find responsible, stable, loving new homes for all rescued Bulldogs.
- To only place Bulldogs that have been neutered or spayed, to help reduce the population of unwanted pets, by having the necessary surgical procedures performed before placement.
- To rehabilitate Bulldogs before placement by providing necessary medical treatment and training to increase the chances of successful placement.
- To place Bulldogs in suitable homes as soon as reasonably possible, so they can start their “new lives” quickly.
- To thoroughly screen applicants before making placement decisions.
- To inform prospective adopters about the rescue program and the requirements for taking care of Bulldogs.
We are a charitable organization relying upon public fundraising to obtain funds to rescue, rehabilitate and re-home purebred Bulldogs (also known as English Bulldogs). These activities are to facilitate the Veterinary care needed including spay and neuter and other medical care for these Bulldogs. As a non-profit organization we are committed to being honest and transparent about how we spend the money donated to us.