Intake Date 26 January 2018 Owner Surrender Estimated Age: 6 Years Sophie a Sweet love-a-bull girl that was surrendered when...
Adopt a KCEBR Bulldog
The Adoption Process
The Adoption Application requests detailed personal information from you. KCEBR members may obtain additional information about you through contacts with veterinarians and/or landlords. The information is used by KCEBR members solely in evaluating your qualifications to adopt a Bulldog.
A volunteer will review your application. The volunteer will contact you via email or phone to talk with you further, and coordinate a time to visit you and your family in your home.
We need all family members available for the home visit. This gives us all a chance to talk about rescue and we can learn about your expectations for a rescue bulldog. If you have existing pets, it gives us a chance to meet them, too. We also check security of gates, fences and screen doors (if applicable).
Finding Your Bully
Upon approval, we’ll immediately contact our foster families, describe your situation and look for a bulldog we think fits your home dynamics. We rarely get puppies. Typically, we’ll send you photos and a short bio on a dog we think will work in your situation. If you are interested, we’ll put you in touch with the foster home. You’ll then coordinate a meeting spot to meet the dog. Please keep in mind that not all bulldogs are listed. Sometimes a dog comes into rescue and is placed in an approved home very quickly. Please be patient during the finding your bulldog process. We need to make sure we have the perfect match for you and our rescue bully.
- Kansas City English Bulldog Rescue is a 100% volunteer non-profit organization. We’ll make every effort to schedule your home visits at a time that is good for you. Please be flexible to our schedule, as well.
- Adoption fees range depending upon the age/health of the dog.
- All rescue bullies are spayed/neutered, micro chipped and up-to-date on all shots prior to adoption.
- We very rarely get puppies through the rescue program. If we do rescue puppies, they tend to come in due to problematic medical conditions that require a great deal of personal time and financial commitments to care for them.
- You are giving a homeless dog a second chance. This means having the time and patience to work with social, emotional and behavioral problems. In some cases, a health issue is present. We disclose all information we are given and are aware of, as we want to make this as smooth a transition for the dog as possible.
- KCEBR will never adopt out a dog with a bite history.
- Many rescued Bulldogs don’t get along with other animals and some can’t be placed with small children. If you have children or other animals it may take some time to find just the right dog for you. Please be patient.
- If you’re seeking to obtain a cheap English bulldog or you’re looking for a specific color or look of a bulldog, rescue is probably not for you. It is important for all interested parties to understand that our primary commitment is to the dogs who are in our care. We look for the right family to suit our rescue dogs. It’s not about picking out the cutest one. The cutest one may not be your match!
- Please do your research prior to applying. Bulldogs are extremely high maintenance dogs. They are indoor dogs, require premium dog food, daily cleaning and lots of love and attention.
Intake Date 1/20/2018 Shelter Transfer Age: Estimated: 2-3 Years Best In a home with no small children Jellybean was surrendered...
Intake Date 12/20/17 Owner Surrender Birthdates: Bonnie- 3/25/2011 Clyde-7/12/2010 Bonded pair-must stay together Bonnie & Clyde were...
Intake Date 1 January 2018 Owner Surrender Age- Estimated 3 Years MUST BE ONLY PET Peaches was surrendered by her...
Intake Date 14 January 2018 Shelter Transfer Female- Estimated Age 6-7 years Victorian Bulldog Should be only Dog Emma...
Owner Surrender Age; Estimated 9 Years Must be an Only Pet Tug is a 9 year old Senior stud muffin. ...
Shelter Transfer Age- 4-5 Years Sweet Daisy Mae was transferred to us from a shelter in Southern Missouri after being...
Owner Surrender Birth date January 11, 2017 Sweet little Tinker Belle is and Old English Bulldogge and was surrendered to...